Olive Pink Botanic Garden
The Olive Pink Botanic Garden was founded in 1956 by Miss Olive Muriel Pink as the Australian arid region’s flora reserve. The Olive Pink Botanic Garden was opened to the public in 1985 and there are now over 600 central Australian plants represented in the garden, 145 of these occur naturally within the rocky hill habitat. There are 40 rare or threatened species present look for 2 horizontal lines on their label.
A network of walking trails takes visitors around the garden and up on to Annie Myers Hill, where great views of Alice Springs, the Todd River and the MacDonnell Ranges can be seen. There are the self-guided walks and interpretive signs to help the visitors learn about desert plants, their uses and about the life of the Garden’s founder Miss Pink.
Excellent bird-watching and wildlife viewing exist in the Garden. Euros (hill kangaroos) are commonly seen, and over 80 bird species have been recorded. Shelters provide areas for picnics or relaxing and these facilities can also be hired for private functions.
Olive Pink Botanic Garden is located close to the Alice Springs Central Business District, on the eastern bank of the (mostly dry) Todd River, and it is within walking distance from town, and from many of the motels and other tourist attractions.
You can support them by donating, becoming a friend, or by just sharing in their love of plants.
|Address||Tuncks Road, Alice Springs|
|Phone||(08) 8952 2154|